I’ve been working on a short sleeved sweater for ages, and it’s finally done!
The yarn is some kettle-dyed Bare Superwash Merino, Nylon Sock Yarn (this is the undyed base yarn for Stroll, formerly known as Essential). I had to alternate balls every two rows to make the colors blend, like I did with my Serpentine Sweater in WotA Kettle-Dyed, and it worked to keep the yarn from pooling into blocks of different colors.
Unlike Kelley, I kind of enjoy knitting my sweaters flat in pieces and then seaming them. This pattern is Jasmine, by Kim Hargreaves (Ravelry link). I really liked the shaping at the top of the sleeves – a couple of cleverly-placed decreases cause the neckline to curve gracefully, preventing the sweater from slipping down over the shoulders.
The yoke is all garter stitch, and it was interesting to see how the subtle differences in color played out. I was a little worried that the garter section would create too much bulk at the chest, but after blocking it seems nice and sleek.
I’m pretty terrible about racing to finish a sweater, seams and ends and all, and then letting it sit in a little heap for weeks while I try to find buttons. After monkeying around on a button-hunt all over town, I actually found the buttons in my own stash – I had pulled them from a (failed!) project a while back. Perfect!