Shawls for All, our new mix-and-match shawl collection, has been something of a pet project for a few people around Knit Picks, and we really think that Joyce Fassbender, the brains behind the collection, has really given us something special.
Starting at 0:50, Knit Picks Outreach Director Stacey talks with Joyce about this unique book, discussing its origin and development.
After that, Knit Picks Art Director Heidi and I talk about our first experiences with knitting lace, as a longtime knitter plunging headlong and a relative newbie easing in her own way. We’re pretty sure Shawls for All would have made the process easier for both of us! Starting at 9:40.
Or save for later!
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Shawls for All
- If you enjoy hearing from Joyce as much as we do, you might check out her blog interview.
- Socktacular – Knit Picks’ mix and match sock collection, the inspiration for Shawls for All
- Learn to Knit Lace Scarf – free pattern, Joyce’s absolute-beginner lace primer
- Palette – Knit Picks yarn from Joyce’s 10-years-and-going-strong shawl
- muh-muhs – bulky weight shawl pattern, Heidi’s first foray into lace knitting
- Knitted Lace Designs of Herbert Niebling – one of the only English language books from the German art lace designer, Daniel’s first lace love
- Knit Picks Book Sale – ends 07/24/17