Changes have been happening at Knit Picks this summer, and we’re excited to reintroduce Alexis Wilson-Castaldi, who is now the Knit Picks Brand Director! You may remember her from when she previously was on the podcast while working in various positions, including in photography and purchasing. She shares a few of her favorite patterns to knit, as well as her favorite yarns. Alexis also tells us about bringing back features like our Yarn of the Month promotions and pulling some yarns marked as discontinued back into the regular selection!
Lee, Stacey, and Andi also discuss knitting their Game Day Cardigans with the KAL coming to its end. The extra warm summer in the Pacific Northwest has added an extra challenge to getting the projects done on schedule, but they’re still knitting away on them!
Mentioned in this Episode
- 00:07 Welcome to the Knit Picks Podcast!
- 00:29 Knitting Game Day during summer heat
- 07:23 More tips for knitting stitch pattern panels
- 13:40 German short rows or substituting another method
- 15:04 Sleeve and button band order
- 18:48 Alexis joins the podcasters to talk about her new role as Brand Director
- 23:05 Alexis’s favorite yarns and patterns
- 29:32 Changes Alexis has planned for Knit Picks, including reviving some yarns previously marked discontinued and adding new colors to classic yarns
- 37:12 Everyone gets a little emotional about having Alexis back
- 38:04 Credits