We couldn’t end our Game Day Cardigan KAL without talking to its designer, Donna Estin! She shares with us her inspiration for the sweater and clever little details incorporated into the pattern. Donna also tells us about the Boho Lace Vest from Transitions: Lace Patterns, drawing inspiration from the runway, TKGA’s Master Hand Knitting Certification, and enabling knitters to make their projects their own!
Plus, Lee and Stacey talk about our new yarn Journey Tweed and two new pattern collections, Filled with Joy and Transitions!
Mentioned in this Episode
Donna’s orange and aqua Game Day sample (Ravelry link
Tilghman Men’s Cardigan pattern (Ravelry link)
- 00:03 Welcome to the Knit Picks Podcast
- 00:23 What Lee and Stacey have been working on
- 02:26 Our new yarn Journey Tweed!
- 04:50 Our new holiday stocking collection Filled with Joy
- 08:28 A second new collection? Yep! Transitions: Lace Patterns
- 10:50 A quick Game Day Cardigan KAL progress update
- 11:33 Introducing Donna Estin, designer of the Game Day Cardigan
- 12:02 Donna’s inspiration for the Game Day Cardigan
- 16:00 How the Boho Lace Vest was created
- 18:39 Looking at runway shows for trends
- 24:39 Continuously learning via patterns
- 28:40 Donna’s work with TKGA and the Master Hand Knitting Certification program
- 41:16 Using patterns as guidelines and making the piece your own
- 44:35 What Donna has coming up and where to find her online
- 49:00 Credits