The Knit Picks team has grown a lot during our long podcast hiatus, and in this episode, we’re excited to introduce you to two new staff members: Alena Ruman, the IDP Program Administrator, and Jen Burt, our Content and Outreach Coordinator.
Lee interviews Alena about her experiences starting at the Knit Picks warehouse in Ohio and then moving to the Pacific Northwest to work as the IDP Program Administrator. Alena is an experienced yarn dyer and shares with Lee some of her tips for dyeing using acid dyes.
Later, Stacey interviews Jen about joining the Knit Picks team as well as her regular participation in Olive Knits Annual 4-Day KAL. Jen talks about her speedy knitting of our sample of this year’s pattern Sailaway in High Desert Worsted and the color selection process for our Sailaway curated color kits.
Mentioned in the Episode
Long Tail Tubular Cast On (alternative method)
- 0:03 Welcome to the Knit Picks Podcast
- 1:45 Swatching for the Game Day Cardigan and casting on
- 10:19 Summer crafting plans
- 7:15 Meet Alena, the IDP Program Administrator
- 20:33 Alena’s dyeing experience
- 32:40 Meet Jen, the Content and Outreach Coordinator
- 35:46 The Olive Knits 6th Annual 4-day KAL
- 40:40 Choosing colors for the Sailaway color kits
- 44:58 Sailaway’s construction and Marie Greene’s writing style
- 48:55 Credits